Freedom

McKenzie - USA
Themes: freedom

Freedom means to me that I have the right to do, say, and act how I want. We enjoy all of these freedoms here in the United States. I know that with living here is America I get many freedoms that a lot of people do not have. No one tells us how many children we can have. No one tells us if our child is a boy he can live, but if it is a girl she must die. We are allowed to own our own home and/or business, work where we wish, get an education, worship the God of our choice in the way that we choose, and in the church of our taste, or not at all, if we so want. We are free to travel, or to stay at home. No one puts up walls to keep us contained within any restrictions. We are free to live in the location of our choice, but we are also free to move from state to state with no limitations, if that is our desire. We are free to raise our children in the way that we wish them to be brought up. All these freedoms are important for living my daily life in America, a free country which also leads up to the right to make my own decisions and choices.

We enjoy many more freedoms—too. But they do not come cheap. They have been bought and paid for with the blood, sweat, and tears of our ancestors and our peers who still stand tall today in the military, ready and willing to defend our freedoms from any and all transgressors all over the world. These are our husbands, sons, brothers, fathers, uncles, cousins, daughters, wives, mothers, and aunts. I know that I am very grateful for their efforts and willingness to fight for me. Without their help and dedication to this country many of us would not have the freedoms we do today. One of my favorite songs talks about freedom, it is written by Toby Keith. The song is called American Soldier and it reminds me of all the hard working people who are fighting for our country.