I Believe In Smiling…!!!

Aurelio - El Paso, Texas

I believe in smiling. I am a person who you will always see smiling everywhere I go for no reason. I smile in school, the grocery store, my job, and even walking by people I do not even know. I believe in smiling because I think that is a great way to show happiness, friendship, and love towards everyone. I always have people asking me why do I smile so much? I answer with a simple answer saying, “I just love to smile” for no particular reason because I think it is cool to always have a smile on my face! I always have a smile around girls and they get all shy. My family and friends know me by “Happy J”. I remember my high school football coach was the first person to name me that. One day when I was walking home from school on a bright and sunny day I came across a nearby homeless guy. When I was walking I noticed this guy all bummed out, sad, and lonely. I right away approached him with a smile and greeted him, and with one simple smile I made his day. I stayed like half an hour just talking to this guy and the homeless man began to tell me stories about childhood. I remember this man telling me terrible stories about his father. His father would not care for him and leave him abandoned which is how he is until this day. I told him that I would always be there for him if he needs help or just a friend who he can talk to about personal things. When I told him this I filled his heart with joy and comfort. Even to this day I still see him and talk to him once in awhile just to see how he is doing. Every time I see him he has a huge smile just like me. I have really realized that by smiling it helps someone out a lot especially if it is from a friend. It reminds me that I am not alone in this world that I have someone who really cares for me with all their heart and shows their love. I realized that one person’s smile can really make a difference in someone else’s day. I believe in smiling because when someone smiles at me it shows me that I am not alone in this world and there is someone who really cares for me with all their heart. That’s why a simple smile can bring happiness, love, and joy to another person’s day. I try to always have a huge smile every where I go, but hoping that my smile may be the reason for another person to smile too. As a result I expect everyone to smile to someone other than family members and friends so that the person you smile at can realize that they are not alone in this world.