I Believe in Life

Krystal - Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Themes: birth, morality

I believe in life. I am prolife in the fact that abortion is simply wrong. I believe that aborting a baby at any stage of pregnancy is a crime. It is simply taking the life of another being. Every person has their own belief of when life actually begins; conception, in the womb, or at birth. I believe that it is a living human being when there is a heartbeat. When a being has a beating heart and is aborted, it is literally killed for the satisfaction of the mother. To me, this should not be an option to any woman. There are so many ways to prevent pregnancy from happening that this should not even be one out there. There are some ladies out there that are not as smart and cautious as I have been taught to be on this topic. There were numerous girls in my high school alone that made the decision to abort their pregnancies instead of facing the hard truth of becoming a teen mother. This hits so close to home because my birth mother was sixteen and in high school when she was pregnant with me. She was young like any other high school girl and had a huge decision to make and by not aborting me, a true living person, she gave someone else hope to have a family. I am grateful everyday that that woman gave me life, and I am thankful to have such a wonderful adopted mother to raise me. I would do anything to reach out to pregnant teens and show them that there are many other options out there and that stopping the heartbeat doesn’t have to be one of them. I believe that abortion is not and should not be a form of birth control. In twenty years I can only hope to see change in this world, but with our new president soon to be in office I don’t see these innocent beings getting saved, but maybe in the years after him someone will get some sense and see that these children are getting murdered. No matter what I know that there will always be people on both sides to this topic and I can only hope that people could see it the way I do. Life is a blessing and it should not be that easy to make the decision to just take that away.