Trusting Together

Kyle - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
Themes: integrity

I believe that the most important trait in a long relationship is trust. Some people may say that this important trait is love, but I disagree. Trust is something that takes time to build. Many of the people I know are my friends because I have been close to them for years and our trust has been built. People don’t just become trustworthy at first sight. Love on the other hand can come right away just for the shear fact of what they look or act like. For example, a famous rock star could be “loved” by someone, but that does not make their relationship last. Obviously people are going to make mistakes, but I believe if one can trust that someone will keep their promise, then it will be possible to work through these troubled times to make a powerful relationship.

Out of all the friends I have the most important to me are the ones that I know will be around for me. For instance, one of my best friends is someone I have known for about five years. Although we are different in many of our interests and he is four years older we have always gotten along so well, because I know that he can help me out and stay away from things that I too consider to only bring problems into someone’s life. Over the past four years we’ve worked together and without the trust that each of us would do our job, then confusion would start to occur. The two of us have built a great friendship because of the trust we possess.

Also in marriage each partner must trust each other. As the marriage grows older the pair may not necessarily be in love, but if that trust is still their then it will surely return. I believe that without trust in the relationship nothing would ever be accomplished. Like the Oscar Wilde says, “One can survive everything, nowadays, except death, and live down everything except a good reputation.” This quote shows how important it is to be truthful, whether it is my best friend or a future wife; I have to know they are true to their word. When people are truthful it brings out the best in us and it keeps a healthy strong relationship.