The Observant Eternal Optomist

Elizabeth - Elverson, Pennsylvania
Themes: hope

The Observant Eternal Optimist

A little, red, curly, haired orphan girl tearfully warbled a tune when all hope of finding her parents was lost which inspired the world to keep their chin up. I firmly believe that the “Sun will come out tomorrow”. No matter how grim the situation seems look for a light at the end of the tunnel, or as Rodney Atkins would say “If you going through hell keep on going before the devil even knows your there.” Time passes faster with a smile and you can escape pain with a grin. Some may call me an eternal optimist which I think is true if they mean that I know good will always coming. It is too easy to get caught up in the negativities that plague each day and more focus should be paid to the good that exists in the world.

Rainy mornings, tripping on the dog who was conspicuously hidden in the middle of the floor, slamming you finger in the car door, finding that you laptop is running out of battery and even worse the paper you slaved over for hours was deleted because you were too lazy to get you power cord, these are examples of little mishaps that can completely ruin someone’s day. Grouchy and tyrannical many people will continue about their daily tasks wishing that the clock would move faster so that they can start the next day. However what they missed was the rainbow after the rain, they didn’t appreciate that even though they hurt the dog he still loved them and the paper they were working on was actually really bad and a new start allowed them to write something much better. Growing up and even now it has become a challenge to me to find good in the storms of life. A silver lining is always present if you’re willing to look for it.

As corny as it may sound there is truth in the saying ‘everyday is a gift and that is why we call it the present’. An appreciation for love, acting out on an opportunity of kindness, or searching for the possibility of happiness in any situation is the formula for finding the silver lining. While trials and tribulations may come they won’t last as long when the sufferer is focused on looking for pleasant aspects in every moment. I believe that the sun will always come out, if not today then tomorrow.