Joshua - Brownstown, Pennsylvania

How do you earn someone’s trust? It is not something that the person gives out and it is something that is earned. When friends trust friends then they don’t worry about being talked behind their back by them or being in a threatening situation when friends are with them. And many kids work to get their parents trust so then they can relate and talk to them during tough times. Trust is an essential aspect of any relationship that wants to succeed.

When I get into any kind of trouble outside of my house the first person I call is my dad. He is the person I trust the most when I have a question. For instance, it was around dusk and the sun had just vanished over the horizon. I was driving down the road and was trying to keep my eyes open as I focused on the road ahead of me and then as I looked down at my radio I dazed off. I noticed that the my car was shaking and not smooth like I was driving on the road as I looked up I saw a telephone pole not more than ten feet away I whipped the steering wheel away from the pole and felt a sudden impact as I hit the pole. When the car came to a rest I was ten yards down the road at the guard rail and felt adrenaline rush though me as I checked myself for any injury. As I got out to look at my car I noticed the I could still drive it. As I got my wits together I called my dad and told him what happened and he calmed me down even more. Because I trusted my dad I knew that he would know what to do and that is what keeps us close as father and son.

The dictionary definition of trust is the obligation or responsibility imposed on a person in whom confidence or authority is placed. Trusting someone is merely just relying on them for many things. As Ralph Waldo Emerson puts it “The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship.”