Laugh It Off

Anna - Coatesville, Pennsylvania

Laugh It Off

Laughter is associated with happiness. When you hear someone laughing you assume that they are happy and in a good mood. It can be a way to relax and make you forget about the stress of the day. I believe that laughter can be a cure to the stress of everyday life.

While I was attending high school my life was filled with the everyday stress of a teenage girl. I had to do all my homework, deal with the teachers, my friends, my parents, and play sports. There was a never ending supply of drama and constant stress, especially senior year. The day would start and I would go to my first class, then second and third and so on. Each class seemed to get harder and it became more difficult to concentrate on the actual subject. By the time lunch rolled around my friends and I were mentally exhausted but you would never be able to tell by watching us at lunch. During lunch we became a bunch of jokers, jokes and funny remarks flying all over the place and nonstop laughter. It became a sort of stress reliever and I looked forward to it every day. I remember one particular day when my friend and I found something especially funny. I cannot remember what it was but, we were in fits of laughter for what seemed like hours. We were laughing so hard we could not even stand straight and when we got up to go to the bathroom we had to use the walls for support. We stumbled through the hall and somehow made it to the bathroom where we fell down on the floor in another burst of uncontrollable laughter. I have to say, it was probably the best abs workout I have ever had in my life. My stomach hurt for the rest of that day but I had never felt happier in my life.

Life can be very stressful and overwhelming and sometimes I just have to forget about it and enjoy myself. If you cannot laugh then you cannot live. The more I think about those times I had at lunch the more I realize that they are what got me through the day. If it was not for those days I would probably have gone through each day much too stressed out and unhappy. If I feel too stressed out of just exhausted from everyday life I find a way to laugh it off, and I think that everyone should try it out and see how well it works.