I beleive in being straight

Melvin - Hampton, Virginia
Themes: morality

I believe in being straight

Most American’s believe that homosexuality is okay, but it is not. Being gay is unacceptable whether you are a male of a female. Some people say that being gay is cool, and that there’s nothing wrong with being gay, I disagree.

People may think that I’m threatened by homosexuals, homophobic or ignorant because I dislike homosexuality, but I am not. It isn’t that I don’t like them as a person; it is that I don’t like their homosexual actions. Being homosexual goes against the word of God. In the bible in 1 Corinthians 6:9 it reads “Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders will inherit the Kingdom of God.”

I honestly do not know where my belief came from. My parents and family never talked about whether homosexuality was right or wrong. I have had homosexual friends, both male and female and haven’t ever really had a problem with them. But, I believe it was my friends from high school that I can attest for my feelings. At Phoebus High School there were many gay people in the school, and the group of friends I was with really disliked it. I hadn’t ever really been exposed to gay people ever in middle school, because being gay was something that you just did not joke with. But in high school it seemed as though every female in the school was gay. It was so nasty to have to walk down the hall and see females kissing each other.

During the Halloween week this year Gresham had a fashion show There was a young man that I hadn’t ever realized lived in our dorm that came out as a police officer. Not the police officers that you see patrolling the streets, but some female Miss Officer type outfit. He was wearing a skirt, with a button up shirt that was cut across the middle, and was wearing heels. I was appalled, because I didn’t know any man that could fit heels let alone walk in them. When I saw this I immediately got up and left. From what I understand he began dancing like a female stripper. This is the exact behavior that should be unacceptable in all men!

Honestly, I do not know exactly what I believe. I believe that being homosexual, and having homosexual tendencies is wrong, but me not liking homosexual ways isn’t going to make them want to change at all. I believe in being straight, and that anything besides that is incorrect.