Maybe she is an Angel

Amanda - Houston, Delaware

A few years back my family and I were out in Chicago, Illinois for my Cousin Todd’s graduation from Navy boot camp. After the tedious ceremony the family headed back to the hotel to relax and get a good night’s rest. Before we were ready to go to bed, my two brothers and I wanted a little snack. There was a small diner across the parking lot from where we were staying and my Mom-mom agreed to walk us over there so we could get an ice cream treat. It was a bitter cold night and there was a thin sheet of snow covering the ground, even still, we ventured across the parking lot to the restaurant. When we walked in the warm atmosphere greeted us. Since we were not dining in, Mom-mom, Timothy, Trevor and I walked up to the counter to place our ice cream orders. To the right of us was a bar surrounded by a cloud of smoke from the cigarettes people were puffing on. There was an aged lady dressed in white slacks and a white blouse sitting on the end of the bar closest to where we were standing. As we placed our order I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, that she was staring at us. After we ordered our sundaes, we stepped aside to wait for them. When they were finished preparing our treats, the waitress called us over to the counter to pick them up. Timothy, my eldest brother, fought my Mom-mom to pay the bill; however, the waitress promptly informed us that the bill had already been taken care of. We all looked at her in disbelief and we started to question one another, but none of us had paid for the ice cream. We finally accepted the fact and turned to the door to leave. As we started walking away, we noticed that the lady that we had seen at the bar earlier was now sitting all the way in the corner. We glanced over at her and she gave us a wink as we walked out of the diner. I will never forget this happening in my life. An indescribable feeling rushed through my body at that moment, it was a feeling that I had never felt before. To this day I cannot explain what that feeling was. And from that night on, I have truly believed that there are angels here on earth.