Common Communication of Creativity

cody - Selbyville, Delaware

Common Communication of Creativity

From the time I was four years of age I knew what would set me apart from the rest of the people and wh at made me different. For my fourth birthday my mother bought me a skateboard. It was nothing special, I am pretty sure she bought it from “Toys-R-Us” or “K-Mart” remembering back to the design of green dinosaurs and the cheap plastic it was made from. Despite the niceness of all of the other gifts I had opened I still went back to the skateboard for some reason. Nearly every day after that I would spent countless hours in the cold wind of the fall season practicing riding that board and trying to do new things. I grew to love the sport because I knew that I could express my uniqueness through the way I skated. It was from that point on that I understood the concept of creativity amongst people and what made people different from each other.

The sport of skateboarding is a sport that closely relates to our everyday lives. In life there are no two people that are exactly alike thanks to the concept of creativity and uniqueness. What people do and the decisions that they make creates a sense of individuality and this is something that closely correlates to the sport of skateboarding. Ever since I was four years of age I have continued the art of skateboarding. I call it an art because just as no two people are alike in life, no two people will ever skate the same way. From the thousands of different tricks to the various types of skateboarding, the sport is forever evolving. When you watch people skateboard you become aware of their uniqueness and their creativity through their style of how they skate and this is why I love the sport.

Creativity and individuality is something that is necessary amongst all people because it is what makes us diverse. Without this all people would be the same and this would make for a boring life. Everyone in life has something that sets them apart from the rest of the group and builds who they really are. For me it is skateboarding. For others it may be another sport, a hobby, or just something that you enjoy doing. No matter what it is everyone has something that makes them unique and this is what causes our lives to be forever changing and always evolving.