I believe in “twin minds”

Morgan - norfolk, Virginia
Themes: birth, family

On December 23, 2004, I found out that my mom was pregnant. In fact she wasn’t just pregnant with one she was pregnant with identical twins. My mom had diabetes through out the whole pregnancy. In the month of February my mom was four in a half months pregnant.

The month of February was a vexatious month because my mom lost one of the twins. The doctors say, “That we lost one twin because of a twin -to – twin transfusion”. At this time the pregnancy was an adamantine one. In March my mom had to go to the hospital every week for stress tests and sonogram. The doctors had to do these stress test and sonogram so they could keep a close eye on the weight and progression of the remaining baby. The month of February was also raw because my mom had to be put on bed rest for about two weeks.

When my mom was eight in a half months pregnant we had to go get a check up on the baby. When we went to the doctors they called “Charlotte Jeani Scudder-Jones”. When they called us back, we went and had a sonogram done. This eight in a half month pregnancy sonogram was the most important one. It was important because this is the one which told us if the baby is a girl or boy.

The doctors tell us “that the baby girl will be at least thirteen pounds”. When the doctors told us that the baby girl was going to be at least thirteen pounds my mom and I cried… We cried because when my mom was going to deliver the baby I wanted to be in the room with her, but since the baby girl was going to be weighing in at around thirteen pounds they scheduled her to have a cesarean section. When we found out she was going to weigh in around thirteen pounds we went out and bought all girls clothes size six to twelve month.

On July 28, 2005 a miracle baby girl was born at 8:02a.m… My little sister that was born on this day is named Tyleigha Shayne Amiah Jones and weighing seven pounds and ten ounces was my healthy baby sister.

When Tyleigha was born I felt a nice, warm, tingling trend in my body. When Tyleigha turned one and was playing with all of her toys from her party something happened making this day cool, creepy, and wondering.

This day is when I started believing that when a twin passes and the other lives that the dead twin is still alive in some fashion. My family was sitting in the living room watching a movie, when the strangest thing happened. Tyleigha’s Dora pushing bike starts to go off and nobody’s touching it. The strange thing about this was that we were all in the living room and the toy was in the garage. The lights would also flicker on and off every two or three days of the week by themselves.

When Tyleigha got to the stage when she was able to talk, she talked to herself, the ceiling, and the walls. She would be sitting on the couch and then out of nowhere she will get off the couch and go to the wall and say “hi”. When she would talk to the ceiling she would say “what are you doing and be quiet” and also hold a two hour long conversation with herself. People sometimes look at Tyleigha like she is crazy because she will be in store talking to herself but then we just ignore them.

At times this was creepy, but Tyffanie Shaine Aniah Jones the twin who passed, did this stuff so that Tyleigha would know she was a twin. Tyffanie also did this so that we would know that Tyffanie is always going to be watching over Tyleigha.

Till this day Tyleigha still talks to herself, ceilings, and walls. Tyffani still to this day flickers the lights on and off every time something bad is going to happen to Tyleigha. We thank you Tyffanie for keeping an eye on Tyleigha. Till this day Tyffanie is still watching over Tyleigha making sure that Tyleigha is okay and doing well.

I believe in “twin minds”.