Never judge a person by its flesh

niya - Gainesville, Florida

As time passes by each day, there is always somebody picking on someone else. And as time passes each second its getting worst. Someone always talking about someone until they want something from them or until they realize how much of a better person he or she can be in the inside. I have a belief statement and I believe that, no matter what people think of you on the outside of your emotions, there is always something or somebody special in the inside that matters to one person and that’s you! I’ve heard the phrase “never judge a book by its cover.” I decided to write about that type of situation because I think that today; people still don’t realize the concept of judging people by the way they look. For example, people thought I was a little soft quite girl because during basketball games some of teammates would yell at me for something I did wrong or they would yell at the reff’s for a bad call, but unfortunately I didn’t yell back because I thought positive about that situation and to do what’s right. However, if I did start back arguing that would make me look like I don’t have any home training. When I was young, people judge me by the way I dress. People thought I was a tom-boy because I had on a shirt and some gym shorts or a jersey. I’m an athlete what do you expect, but I understand just because you an athlete doesn’t mean you only have wear gym shorts and other things, but that’s from my perspective. That’s just what people think of me, but that’s not going to change me. They don’t really know me if they haven’t realize the inside of me instead of the outside. As soon as I was showing respect, all of sudden they wanted to be my friend. That’s why you should “never judge a person by its flesh.” Because you would never know what the outcome would be if that’s what you notice about the person.