Memories

Kenneth - katy, Texas

Throughout my life, I have lost many great friends due to moving away. I created the best of times with my friends, and I couldn’t have asked for more. When you leave those friends because you’re moving away, you will keep those memories of the good times.

Memories will keep you going whether in good or bad times. They can be about the great sensation of a home cooked meal that you haven’t had in a while, or the fun times you had with friends. If you’re feeling down at one time, turn to your memories so that you will feel better.

I believe keeping in touch with your memories, will cheer you up when you need it, and give you something to look forward to.

When I moved to Hawaii at the age of eleven, I believed that I would make the friends there, and keep the friends as well. I had the best of friends I could ever ask for. I remember that my friends and I use to make fires on the beach during the night and just party. Memories like this will always be remembered. When I had to move three years later, I was feeling pretty down. When I stayed at a hotel the night before I left, I had this headache that would never go away. I had this headache for three weeks now since I moved from Hawaii. When I lay down, I would think about the time I had with my friends. When I did that, the pain went away and I didn’t even recognize that it was gone. I went on with my life moving to Louisiana and I made the greatest of friends again. But even though I made new friends, I still kept in touch with my other friends from Hawaii. I kept my memories from there and made new ones in Louisiana.

I later moved from Louisiana to here in Katy, Texas. Missing all of my friends from previous locations, I would never forget them. Thinking of all of them keeps me happy at bad times. When I need them the most, they are still there in my memories. Now that I am in Texas I have made really good friends again. Thinking that I’m a senior now, I believe this year will be even better. I have made great memories already with my Texas friends and I will keep doing that.

Even though I have moved, I still talk to my friends from Hawaii, and Louisiana. They remember me and I remember them. I will keep in touch with them because I believe memories are important to have. Without them, you may live a dull life, even if you cannot make new ones. I continue to make new memories this year, and for the rest of my life to come.