I Believe in Myself

Felix - MURFREESBORO, Tennessee

What I believe in is myself. Not selfishly, but in the personal power that an individual possesses. I believe in the ability we have as humans to achieve greatness on our own accord. It is the ambition and the will bestowed upon us that allow us to rise. Overcoming obstacles and persevering through struggles are qualities, we as humans have, that enable us to surpass the darkness of our mistakes and attain the light of our endeavors.

The somber pitfalls of humanity have been evident throughout the course of history. Ignorance lies at the heart of many demoralizing issues. Prejudice and judgment spawned from the blissful negligence of the wealth that comes from knowledge. That is to say, at the source of all human mistakes and regrets lies the equivocal ability we have to change the outcome.

Consequently, it is this truth that empowers the human race and allows it to be recognized as elite. Choice then merits logic and reasoning which are employed by one to amend the wrongs done by their kind. The functionality of our decisions then determines the effectiveness of our actions. This derived caliber is what begins to generalize and stereotype the people. The act of generalizations is what one hopes to avoid and to ultimately abolish as time progresses and one becomes aware of the empowerment they hold and the dent they can make in the course of history.

Furthermore, one must come to the realization that change delves from the transfer of an individual into a whole. An action will not truly be felt until it’s done in proportion to the scale. In a sense, the person i.e. I, am merely a catalytic component in the grand scheme of things. Now that being said, the importance of the initiative taken by the individual must be considered with extreme vitality. Nothing can become a substance without all the atoms in place.

In summation, the power to change is a responsibility that has been thrusted upon the individual. It is then the choice of that individual to act on that responsibility or not. However, I believe in myself.