I Believe In God

Katie - Marietta/GA/30068, Georgia

I Believe…

“I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us.” John Lennon was the man behind these wise words. I believe that God is living in me and wants His presence to be known around the world. He created us with the intentions that we would know Him and that is why I am a believer.

I believe in God, but not as most people know Him. My life has been filled with pictures that my heart takes of what used to mean everything to me. When I close my eyes the ones I remember most are of laughter, friendships, family, moments I felt most alive, passions and dreams coming true that I could have never thought possible. You see there was a point in my life when I walked in darkness and I never thought I had any more to give. Then, I found God and everything changed. I became so much more than I ever knew I could be, I became radiant. I started this journey that I have come so far in and wouldn’t give it back for the world. I believe that its not where life is headed to from here but all the places God wants to take me, all the things he wants to show me and the ones he already has. He reveals to me wisdom along the way and gives me exactly what I needed and would have never guessed it. Because I never get exactly what I want, I get what I have, and I would have wanted it had i but known. I would do it all again because all the people I love, places I have been and memories I make along the way make this collection of pictures and they form a journey. I believe in God because the most important thing I see looking back on my life is where he has been all along. I believe everything happens for a reason and that He makes a story worth telling. Because of God the story is leading somewhere, I have a purpose and a destiny.

When it comes to God’s existence, the Bible says “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” I have come to find that God wants to be known. He is everywhere and he is present in my life now and always. Therefore, I will always believe in God. I am nothing without Him. He is definitely my saving grace and He is my life’s completion. I couldn’t imagine my life without Him.

Life is full of obstacle and by no means have I had an easy life. The journey has been hard, but what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger. It is the saving grace of God that keeps me going. He keeps my attitude positive and gives me a purpose for living. He gives me a purpose for waking up each day. I do not see Him, but His presence is all around. My faith is like the wind. You can’t see it, but you feel its presence all around. I know God is all around me. He makes my life complete and I will never deny Him. He is my everything. Therefore, I believe.