Amanda - Hopkinsville, Kentucky

I believe that you should always put God first because if you don’t, he will take away whatever it is that you put before Him. I have found that out twice now, with love. The first time was with my ex-husband. I loved him more than anything in the world and my life revolved around him. I wanted to spend every waking moment with him. Then, we had our son. I was so happy to be a family with the man that I loved. I used to go to church when I was a kid. As I became an adult, I sort of stopped going because I was too busy partying, and too lazy to get up Sunday mornings and go. I pray every night before I go to bed, and I pray mostly about being thankful for the things that He has done for me and for what He has given me and everyone else. Thanking Him for blessing me with my family. Only a few times did I actually pray for something that I wanted, or asking Him to give to me. I tried to get my ex-husband to go to church, but because he was an atheist, he kept telling me that he would go, but never would. So because he wouldn’t go with me, I put it aside and focused all my energy on him and keeping him happy. I had pushed God away, so he took my husband away. We ended up getting a divorce because he had met someone else. When he left, guess who I called upon? God. What right did he have to help me, I questioned. I guess I was being punished because I have been alone for almost six years. Then, I met a guy. He used to be my best friend and he has been in love with me since we were seventeen years old. He never told me that he was in love with me, but I kind of knew. Fourteen years later, he finds me and we start to have a relationship. He wants to marry me and be a family with me. I was so happy with him, and excited that God had given me another chance at love. Then one day, out of the blue, he texts me and wants to break up. For the second time in my life, I am completely and totally crushed. What did I do to deserve this? Why did God bring him and happiness in my life, just take it away again? I guess that I got so excited about love again, that I forgot to show my appreciation to God, so here I am being punished again. So make sure you always put God first, before anyone or anything in your life. Never forget to thank Him for the good things that you have in your life. Don’t take for granted what He has given to you, for He might take them away.