Scot - USA

I believe that you are never too old for school, as I find myself back in school again. This is not my first time since High School, it’s my fourth! I have Associates / Science degrees in Auto Technology and Welding, Electronics Engineering and Building Construction / Construction Management.

I am now going for my Bachelor of Science Degree through SLLC and Weber State University.

This I believe I will achieve, but what I really want to believe is that I can go on to Law School and pass the Bar, as I have always wanted to become a lawyer. After graduating from High School in Germany, I went to Southern California and started living the “party’ life style, and thought I had it made! It fun but I was stupid, school has not getting any easier.

I graduated High School in 1975. I attended a couple of college classes shortly after moving to California. Welding, and other auto technologies. Then I believed that I was ready to go to college.

Now it is 1985, 10 years out of high school! I decided it was time to get a career. I could have been done, maybe even twice!! I still didn’t feel I could commit myself to at least 6 years of school to become that lawyer. I decided that I would go to school for Electronics Engineering as it was only 2-3 years of school. I graduated from this in 1988.

I would suggest to the younger people in this class to keep going to school now, as it doesn’t get easier the older you get.

I had some great jobs that paid well, then the market changed and I ended up going back to construction work as I could make more money, and I’m addicted to money! My body isn’t young and the work was too hard on it.

I’ve chased off all the “party demons” that held me back from going to school to practice law. So once again I’m back in school 20 years after getting my last degree. I could have completed Law School six times by now!

I believe that I’ve finally grown up and all the “demons” are gone but nicotine. I believe that one day, in the future, I will have that Law Degree, as that I believe!

So, I guess you can call me “Old School”, and I believe that if I could do it all over I would have completed this task when I was young. I suggest you NOT follow the time frame that I have!

For this is what I believe!