This I believe

Danielle - Sandy, Utah

Ever since I was a little girl I can always remember my mom telling my “Danielle, remember who you are, believe in yourself.” I’ve carried this saying around with me my whole life I use it when I have to take a step back and evaluate my life and what’s around me. I believe I am a person who is a hard worker, dedicated, loving, caring, responsible and determined to do great things in life and make good choices because my parents raised me this way and put me on the right path to being successful in life. I owe everything I have learned and the success I have had in my life to the two most important people my mom and dad. I have never been given everything I want not that I lived a bad life but I know the meaning of hard work and working towards a goal or something you want to achieve in life. My parents didn’t have easy lives, my dad growing up on a farm in Wisconsin he had to be up at 5 am everyday to help his dad on the farm before going to school when he was 6 years old. My mom grew up with 7 siblings and they moved around a lot which ended up with them in government housing in Iowa. But from those experience they made the best with what they had,(I’ve been taught the same concept) my mom had two brothers go on to play Professional football for the Bears and the Dolphins and that goes to show no matter how hard life is if you are determined and work for it anything is possible. That is one really important lesson I have learned from both my parents. I feel that to get anywhere you have to have faith in yourself and believe you can do it. With these lessons to success my parents have given me I have earned a second degree black belt, a record contract, and cheer captain at my high school and now going on to do a figure competition. I know the meaning of hard work and determination because if you truly want something in life you have to be dedicated it doesn’t happen over night. That is one of the hardest lessons for me to overcome patience is a virtue which is true. Believing in yourself and your family believing in you, you can get you to where you need to go, surrounding yourself with positive people who can contribute good things to your life is what I have done and will continue to do. I believe that just working hard on a day to day basis being a viable member of society and a good person will be the road to success and I can’t wait to travel on that whirlwind of a journey through life.