angela - la salle, Colorado
Themes: sports, work

This I believe…

I believe I trust. I know how important trust can be and how much it affects the way you are around other people.

I know first hand how important trust is, I am a cheerleader and every day I put other people life in my hands when I put the other cheerleaders up in the air, they trust that if they fall I will get them before they fall and hit the ground. I have seen many other girls get hurt from falling on the ground and they are not able to finish cheering the rest of the year because of it, because of that I know that it is not safe if there are people that you do not trust. I also know many girls that refuse to fly on cretin people because they do not trust them enough. The past few weeks I have had my far share of flying that I know that it is scary to be held above someone’s head knowing that he is the only one holding you up there. Cheerleading is one of the most bone braking sports out there. Yes even more than football!

This is not only when we stunt but also when we tumble. I am one of the best tumblers on my team, but I will only tumble when I know that the spotter will help me if I need it and will not just let my head it the ground. When you first learn how to do a back handspring you need to have vary heavy spot because if you fall you can really hurt your neck, for the past two years I have had to use a spot because I was so scared that I was going to fall. When I started to learn how to do a back handspring my chough told me I had to do it by my self, yea that did not work out that well. I fell and hurt my neck, ever since than I have had to use a spot to make me do it and it has to be one that I can trust. After that I learned how to a round off back handspring. I though that that would be easer than just a back handspring. I was so wrong! It took me another three months to get it so I can do it by myself with confidents so it will go every time. This is how I know that trust is a huge thing to have as a person but even more as a cheerleader.