This I believe

Jeremy - Solon, Ohio

There’s nothing like waking up to the fresh scent of life, or to fresh air. Everyday gets better and better. Nothing could be more perfect. However, today could be one of the last days of my life, even yours. Live everyday like its your last day living because you never know what is coming at you.

One day I woke up high on life, eating my delicious bagel with cream cheese. I couldn’t imagine about anything but my wrestling match after school. I can even remember the day, the scariest day of my life. October 21st 2007. in my 6th period class, my favorite class, I got called down from some kids to a room. They told me to “hurry hurry!” she might not make it! I had no idea what was going on and I can remember just running down the hall. Running down the hall, I heard sirens of ambulances. Then, I got to the room.

The room had a lot of paramedics in it. I couldn’t see anyone else. As I walk in, I see my sister lying on the ground. In shock; I didn’t know what to do with myself. I just sat there almost watching my sister die. How would you feel just sitting there watching someone so close to you on the floor dying? I asked, what’s going on; they just said its going to be okay. Her eyes were in the back of her head; her face was as blue as a blueberry. However, somehow she saw me and waved her hand to come closer, but I didn’t know what to do. I went to her and she put her hand out for me to hold it. I told her it’s going to be okay. I couldn’t believe what I saw. I asked the paramedics what had happen and they told me she got stung in the head by a bee.

I knew that my sister, Jen, is very allergic to bees. She had no idea what had happened at the time. They mumbled to me “we have to take her to the hospital now” I whispered okay, bringing her down on a stretcher. When I bolted down stairs, I saw my mom running and asking “where is she, where is she” I told her she’s coming down the elevator. As soon as Jen got down the elevator my mom stood right there with her, as always. The paramedics were going outside to go in the ambulance. My mom went with her and I wanted to go. But my mom said no. I knew that Jen wanted me too but I couldn’t. as the ambulance was driving away, I took a glance at her face and I will never forget that look she gave me.

Life’s too short to be complaining. Life’s to short to regret things. Life’s the best gift you will ever get. Life’s incredible. Life’s life. I will never forget that day. Who knew there would be a bee in a classroom in the middle of October and sting her in the head. I believe that you should live everyday to the fullest because you never know what is coming at you.