andrew - Solon, Ohio

Karma, what goes around comes around, poetic justice─ you can call it whatever you want, but when you do something for someone else, and when you really believe in what you do, you will get it back in return. This I believe.

He stood tall, had a slight hunch to his back and walked with a limp. His left leg was prosthetic because because it was crushed by 300 pounds of steel from when he worked in a steel plant. This man was my great uncle Dave. He may not have been the friendliest person when you first met him but once you got to know him and began to understand his somber and quiet personality he was matchless. I don’t know how to explain it but there has always been something unique about him and at times it almost seemed as if he could hear your thoughts. But I didn’t realize how special he actually was until about a year ago.

He was very smart and good with his hands so after his injury at the plant he retired and became a handyman. Without anyone really knowing but my aunt Marlene, he had been going down to the inner city Cleveland a few times a week with all his tools but came back without pay. This was quite peculiar to his wife and kids and left an unsolved mystery in their heads for quite some time. This went on for a while until about three months later when he stopped. After all of this he went back to being a handy man 5 days a week living a simple life and using his free time to modify his house. Not too long after going back to being a full time handyman, he noticed that a woman had died whose name I don’t know. He took off work and went to the funeral but no one knew what had happened. Later that day he came home from the funeral and was upset about the loss. He went back to work and went back to his normal routine and everything was back to normal. After all of this was forgotten he got a letter in the mail and he found out that a woman who did not state her name had died and left him two boats and ten thousand dollars. All those days when he