Tough as Nails

Roderick - Solon, Ohio

“We are moving!” These words were forever etched into my head. The shock and realization came first. The tears and crying came later. The only thing I could think about was those words. It made me feel sad and angry but also happy and joyful. I couldn’t explain the happiness and joyfulness of my thinking, but I could defiantly explain the anger and sadness. Then I realized why I was happy and a little bit joyful. I was happy and joyful because I would get to see new places, meet new people, and try new things. I was sad and angry because I would be leaving behind all of my friends and be starting all over.

This was probably the toughest choice that affected my life which I didn’t get to make. I wanted my mom to be happy, but I also didn’t want to move to a whole other state. It was a tough choice and I didn’t get a say in it. My mom made the choice for me, even though I disapproved of her choice. At first I thought I might spite her awful choice, but as time passed I learned to live with that choice. Although I didn’t like her choice I thought I would learn to enjoy Ohio. The reason I didn’t want to move is because I didn’t want to make new friends I wanted to keep the same friends that I have always had. This was a tough choice but I am glad that I moved in the long run.

I think that we all make very tough choices every day of our lives. Some choices are for the better and some are for the worse but all the choices we make are directly involved in our life. Some people call our choices fate, some call it destiny, and I call it reality. I call it reality because we can decide what we want to do with our lives. Some people make the wrong choices and other people make the right choices. For example, getting kicked out of school for talking back to a teacher is a bad choice. A good choice would be not talking back and just listen to what the teacher has to say and follow the rules.

I believe that choices in life are there for a reason. Even if the reason is good or bad its there for a reason. These choices we make directly affect sometime in the future just like my choice to move here to Ohio. One day you will make a tough choice in your life and when that time comes keep everything I have said in mind. This is what I believe.