i belive that out of every negative situation you can always find positive persever

Danny - solon, Ohio
Themes: death

Scared

In 2003 my life had just fallen apart. I didn’t know what I was going to do if I were to lose my mom. I had just found out that my mom had been diagnosed with breast cancer. Now I knew I had to be strong and help out to make sure everyone was okay and that we as a family would get through it.

So when I got the phone as it rang, I answered and it was my dad. He sounded different and was talking in a kind of sad voice. “He muttered to me that my mom had been diagnosed with breast cancer”. The next day my grandma said to me that she believes this happened because it just ran in the family. She had it and so did her mom, so my mom was bound to have it happen to her, too. In the next week or so she had to go threw chemo so that she would lose the cancer and it would go away.

In about 1 week and a half I went one my way to go pick my mom up from the hospital after she had been there for about 3 weeks. When I got there a saw most of my family members there supporting my mom and making sure that she was okay and did not feel alone like no one cared about here because everyone . So we were in the car ride home and then my mom started to cry and my dad asked what was wrong and she said she was so happy that she didn’t die and was on in the car rather than still being in the hospital. My mom had told me that this kind of cancer is very hard to cure but they cured her and she said that the chemo could have killed her. So that day I learned a lot about it and how bad it could get when so people lose all of there hair. My mom didn’t end up losing her hair.

“Danny you have been so strong through this whole thing and have been acting very mature and I thank you so much for that” said my mom very happy and proud voice.

I said “yes I know mom I had to be because if I wasn’t then nothing at the house would have been done with dad always at the hospital with you”

So as the weeks went past she was getting better everyday but, since she could really get up and do stuff and didn’t have a lot of power. Many of her close friends with our family made us dinner every night so that we didn’t have to do anything. My mom had been so nice of a person to her friends before this had happened that her friends did the favor back. I also believe that because my mom is such a good person that good things happen to her which in this case survived breast cancer.

Now I know why you should act nice to everyone and be the best person you can be to other people because when things come up like this if you are a good person then whatever you have might not turn out that bad. God will always be with you in the hard times like he was with my mom and always will be with her so that it never comes back to her or if any more of my family members have it so that they won’t die and they will get through it to.