I Believe Everyone Should Have a Second Chance

Connor - solon, Ohio

“Do-Do-Do-dodododododododo CLEAR!!”. Too young to understand, did not have a clue what was going on, even though I was nine and walked and did the talk like a big boy. ”Do,do…do,do…do.do.” Having sleepovers with all my cousins, having a ball, but then I go to the monster that has my sister captive. “Do,do…do,do…do,do…”. I remember that walk down that long white hallway, with tall brown like castle doors and a few wheel chairs here and there, but then I go to the room open that huge door with my nine year old body… “Do,do…do,do…do,do…do,do…” I almost lost the closest thing to me besides my mom. My sister was diagnosed with a blood diseases called Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura what is know as I.T.P. this is were good blood cells were killing other good blood cells in her body instead of the red blood cells which were the cells that were stabbing my sister in everyplace of her body. She lost her spleen… she was weak… in a coma… but she kept fighting… it was so bad we had are pediatrician a very well know doctor in the medical field do her surgery. My mom a.k.a. Mrs. Unstoppable was by my sister’s side every second, and didn’t even look a bit tired throughout the ordeal; every time I saw my mom she looked wide awake like super woman always saving the day.

This I believe that everyone should have a second chance in life…on a test, in a sport, in singing, in teaching. In life… it’s like that song you have a bad day, you forget about it, and you start over. It’s in the past and there is nothing you can do about it. When I gazed at my sister, I felt like I could do nothing to help my helpless sister, but I didn’t help my sister, my mom didn’t help my sister, she got a second chance at life. Thank god she did get that second chance because without her in my world I would have been a single child… no more getting out of trouble no one would have my back… no one would understand. That’s no chance I would want to have… I believe everyone should have a second chance in life my sister did and I went through that period of time, and that’s what I believe in.