this i believe life is important

sean - solon, Ohio
Themes: death

It was a seemingly flawless night, my dad had just gone to sleep when the phone rang. My mom said, “Who could be calling at this time of night?” she picked up the phone and said hello, then asked inquisitively who is this? The person who called was my aunt calling to say that my uncle had died. This I believe life is very important .you only get one it is your choice how to live it. My uncle chose to surround himself with a loving family. He chose to surround himself with good kind people. I did not know him well but at the funeral I could see that he had made a huge impact on the lives of his family and friends. He left behind a family that loved him and would do anything for him. He is gone but he really is not gone at all he lives on in the memories of his family and friends. They do not dwell on the bad times they will remember him for men he was the happy man the man who had a beautiful family. I was told stories about what kind of man he was stories of my dad and him as kids when they lived in Texas. I was told stories about them growing up. I was told stories of my dad and him being in the marines. I did not know him very well but when the news hit me I found myself sitting on the couch feeling like a piece of me was missing. When my mom told me my chest hurt it really hurt. It hurt my dad the worst it was his brother his friend the man he had known his entire life was gone. I had only seen my dad cry two other times before but when we were at the funeral and the military salute he started to cry really heavy tiers, he was shaking not because it was cold but because it hurt so much. Everyone there cried but I only saw my dad. I whispered to him to be happy not sad because he is no longer in pain, we should remember him for the man he was not how he died. We should remember the joy he brought to his family and ours. Life is very important your life affects others. You can have positive impact or a negative. My uncle he had a positive impact on everyone around him, he made people feel loved, happy and glad to know him. He put a smile on many people they were so saddened by his loses the only thing they could do was cry and remember him for the kind of man he was. The family man the father the brother the husband and the friend. He was both a husband and a friend to his wife, I know she miss him a lot but he is with us we can remember him an d he is there walking the dog, carving the turkey on thanksgiving, opening presents on Christmas he is always there. He will always be there. He misses us too. We must not lose those memories there are that we have left of our loved ones who pass on, those memories are important and sacred. So to anyone who has lost family, friends it will be ok you must remember them for who they were the funny things they did the things they liked. You must remember the impact they made on you and the people around you. There has to be a memory or something they did to help you. That memory you must hold on to. Life is something that must be protected and cared for and loved. Because we do not know how lucky we are to have those people around us helping us until they are gone. We must never forget the things they did for use they protect use guide us help us when we are stuck tack care of us when we are sick or hurt or sad. They pick us up when we fall and make sure we are ok. They are one of the most important pieces of a very large puzzle. They teach us life lessons and love us life is very important you should not waste it