The brain, ally or enemy

Jeremy - solon, Ohio

The brain, ally or enemy

It was a calm, cool autumn night and, with the wind whistling through the trees, something was different. I hear a scream. I unsheathe my sword, and the fair maiden beckons to me, I must conquer the dragon, I am about to deliver the final blow; I wake up. The previous story was no more than a dream, but what is a “dream”? is it only a thing used to occupy us during our nighttime slumber or is our subconscious mind trying to tell us something while we are in a deep enough sleep. Let me ask you this question, have you ever woken up from a dream that seemed so real that it makes you ask the question, what is real?

Have you ever thought that our mind tricks us into seeing what we want to see, hear, smell, feel, and taste or is the data we find using our senses factually correct? I believe that the brain controls one’s world. An example of the human mind changing someone’s world was Albert Einstein, and his theory of relativity. He had a dream that he was riding a sled at the speed of light. The human mind is an incredible organ it is the control center of the body it lets us think, reason, learn, defend ourselves; if there was a computer that could do all of the things a human brain could do it would have to be the size of a skyscraper.

Please ask yourself this question; do you even eat what you want to eat, or is it your brain needing those specific nutrients that chooses for you; it is your brain that chooses for you. Even in the most dire circumstances your brain will make you eat what ever nutrients it needs. Chili peppers are a preverbal gold mine of vitamin C, so the spicy taste will seem as a pleasurable experience because of the necessary vitamin C. A man whom was in the Navy had been stranded in a life raft in the middle of the Atlantic ocean for 4 weeks and he was starving so he caught some fish and seeing as how most people only eat the meat of the fish his brain kicked in the fish had all of the necessary nutrients needed to survive his brain made the parts like the eyes and the scales look as delicious as a hot fudge sundae.