Abortion: The Wrong Choice

Nathan - Morgantown, Kentucky
Themes: birth, morality

Abortion: The Wrong Choice

I strongly believe that abortion is wrong in every aspect, no matter what the reason is. A life is a life, no matter what the state of being is. And everyone has the right to live.

When a woman gets pregnant, there’s a lot of questions at hand such as: “What will it be”? , “Who will the baby look like”? , “Will he or she be healthy”? , are among the many questions that are asked. One question that should not be asked is “Should I allow this baby to live”?. Although a baby is not always planned, it’s not up to us; there is a higher authority that we all answer to in the end.

If a woman decides to abort her child, she must consider what happens when she goes to the clinic. I’ve heard of some cases where the doctor burns the fetus alive, and in other cases, they suck the fetus right out of the womb, which I think is very sadistic.

As a Christian, I know that aborting a fetus is the same as killing a grown person, or anyone else. Murder is a capital offense in most states, and even the Bible states that killing is wrong, and anyone who harms a child will face certain death. There is repentance of ones sins as clearly explained in the Bible, but for a nation to allow this kind of unholy behavior, especially a nation that claims to be built on the foundation of the Bible is surely not in the right frame of mind, religiously speaking.

I know that everyone has their own opinion on this matter as well as many other issues, and some people think that there is nothing wrong with terminating their pregnancy due to many reasons such as; rape, parents are too young to have children, they may be afraid the child will not be able to have a bright future, or maybe the child will have a developmental or mental disability. Besides aborting the child, there are many organizations that a mother can turn to for help with a non abortion alternative. I believe that if we could get Christians to ban together and protest the legalization of abortion, and give safe alternatives to the expectant mother who’s planning on abortion, then this country could start something marvelous throughout the world.