Angela - guthrie, Kentucky
Themes: family, purpose

I believe.

That everyone has a purpose even if they don’t choose to follow it. Rather it’s playing basketball for the LA Lakers or playing the drums for a band that’s made the big times. Life is about the experience or the thrill of living. It can also be simple though. Not everyone is goin to be rich and famous. When I was growing up my parents struggled a lot. My dad worked in construction and during the winter months there is not much work. My mom was a stay at home mom and that’s all she had ever been. She didn’t know much else. My family didn’t do very well in the winter months, but we stuck together and stayed a family. Well the years went on and my mom decided to go to school, and is doing very well. We were also doing financially well, finally, but as the years went on my dad discovered he had a chronic neck disorder and spine issues. Unfortunately, he was going to have to have surgery. It was another fall back and one we didn’t need. He became disabled shortly after which made money tight again. My mom continued to go to school to be a RN, but has almost a year to go which is hard. I believe my dad’s purpose was to love us and to care for us in other ways besides money. I believe that my mom’s purpose was to help in any way she could. I think my purpose was to hold my family together in any way I possibly could. I also think my purpose is to work and help support my family.