Samantha - Cadiz, Kentucky

I believe in the power of prayer. In every religious store you see the bracelets with the merchandise that has a version of this saying on it. This may seem like an over-used statement, but it’s one that has a lot of truth in it. You never know who could be praying for you right this second. It might be what gives you the strength to make it through the rest of the day.

How many friends do you have that wouldn’t care if you called them at 2:00 in the morning just to discuss the problems going on in your life or just to talk about something little like what you’re going to do the next day? How many friends do you have that wouldn’t care if you showed up at their house any time? Everybody has someone if they chose to use him, and we contact him through prayer. That very special, all powerful, and caring friend is our Lord.

God doesn’t care when you chose to talk to him, and he hears all you have to say. He’s the best listener you will ever find, and his line is always open. He wants to hear all your problems; whether they’re great or small. Even though it may not seem like it at the time, He will make everything work out according to His will.

Every single test I take, it doesn’t matter how prepared I am, I always pray asking for His help. Every time I sing at church I always pray that He will get me through it, because I know that without His help, I could do nothing.

I don’t only believe that prayer gets me through life, I also pray that He will help others get through their struggles and hardships. Someone might ask for your prayer, or you could look at a church’s prayer list of names. Sometimes no one needs to ask for your prayer, you just know. God might bring someone to your attention; he might just make them pop up in your mind several times throughout your day. He’s wanting you to pray for them, and to maybe talk to them and pray with them to encourage and to let them know you’re there and God’s there to help pull them through.

The power of prayer is something not to be under-estimated. It is what makes it possible for people to keep trekking through this journey here on Earth. No matter what happens whether we are having a bad day, or someone needs your prayers, God never has a busy signal, He’s always available. All you have to do is talk to him, and you don’t have to worry about Him telling someone else, He’s like no one else around! Not only can you just talk to Him, he has the power to fix anything that is going wrong, or to give you the strength to pull through it. All you have to do is call on His name!