Karma

Michael - Cheboygan, Michigan

I believe in karma. People often refer to karma as the golden rule. Treating others the way I would like to be treated. I think that if people practiced karma in their lives, the world would be a better place. I think karma can be used for something as simple as smiling, and telling someone good morning. By doing that I think we can have a positive effect on someone’s day.

I think people forgot how we are supposed to treat each other. I think most people are so wrapped up in themselves that they do not notice certain things: like the guy behind you in line who looks as if he is having a bad day, saying hello, and having a conversation with him could change his entire day, or helping the elderly woman who looks like she could use a hand carrying her groceries. I think that taking a few minutes out of my day to help someone, and expect nothing in return, helps me be a better person. Doing that makes me feel much better about myself. I think that if everyone took just a few minutes a day to think of someone besides themselves, and help someone in need, there would be happier people in this world. That is what karma is all about.

I think my life is much more rewarding when I live by karma. I feel like I am contributing something to society, rather than just taking from it. I believe that karma works. If I treat people fair, and I am not selfish about things, my life seems to go much smoother. I think that for the most part I am treated fairly as well. This is more proof to me that karma works. So, I would like to encourage everyone to try and do one nice thing for a complete stranger. I believe doing that will make you a believer in karma as well.