John - Marietta, Georgia
Themes: change, hope

In today’s society there are many people who believe that they do not live up to the standards that society has created. People believe they do not have the potential to make a difference in their surrounding community. However, this is wrong. Due to the standards that society has set for people today makes citizens feel like they are not important unless they have money and power. This is a major misconception among people in the world today, and they should not follow it. I believe this is the problem with the world today, no one holds a dream anymore. Without a dream in anyone’s life no one has determination and a will to change the world for the better good.

I believe that it is possible for a single individual to change the world, and it can be done with the start of a dream. I used to believe that I would never have any impact on the world because I never had the grades to make it into a great college. However, I knew that hard work and determination could change all of that for me, and it has. I started dedicating more of my time and effort to my grades so that I would be eligible to become involved in politics. The dream and determination I had has driven me to have an opportunity in taking steps to change the world. I believe that I can change the world for the better, all because of a dream.

I realize that there are many things in the road ahead that could keep me from succeeding. I know I will see many times of struggle on this path to change, and many things will bring my morale down. The times will not be as hard if I just find people to spread the word too, to people who also share this dream. If they see that they have the potential to do incredible things in their lives, they will notice that they are not another ordinary person in society. This world needs to change, and everyone is a potential candidate to make these actions happen. It is obvious though, it cannot be done just buy me. I need to find others who share my will to change the world for the better. We all have our own dreams, but it can be confidently said that this world can be a better place, and this is a dream we can all share.