The Blue Nation

Ty - Frankfort, Kentucky
Themes: place, sports

Kentucky basketball, it can’t get any better than that. Fans in the stands cheering for the best college basketball program. Screamimg! Chanting “Go Cats”. Thousands of fans like me, bleeding blue every second of every game.

The gleam of the banners hanging from the rafters representing the seven national championships .Being there is like Christmas over and over again, the gift of being there in the crowd watching the best college basketball program is priceless. The sound of the basketball pounding the floor and the sound of shoes skidding across the freshly waxed floor. It can’t get any better than that.

Rupp arena is the most hostile arena in all America. Not only because it holds the most fans (27,000+) but because of the famous eruption zone. My dream is to go to the University of Kentucky and knowing that one day it will be me in the eruption zone cheering on the best in the nation.

Imagine standing there, representing the student body at the University of Kentucky as if I am apart of there program. Faces painted on everyone while jumping up and down making all kinds of noise, screaming and yelling all around. Enough noise to give the average person a major headache.

Leading the amazing wildcats to there great program is “Adolph Rupp”. The coach with the head of iron and the heart of gold took this program the distance. As far as anyone could go. Devoting his life as a coach to bring this program to the top of the nation, winning championships and winning the respect from all of America. I never new Rupp as a coach because I was not alive but I can tell how great he was by the respect that he gained from a whole lot of people. Also finding that he is 3rd in most wins as a coach.

I am so proud to be born and raised in Kentucky but most of all I am so proud to be a fan of the University of Kentucky. Growing up I watch Kentucky win two national championships on the television, wishing that someday I could be there, later my dreams came true. There the only school that has at least won two championships in the past fifteen years which to me is so amazing in so many ways. I believe that the University of Kentucky is the best basketball program that has ever been and ever will be .