A Second Chance at Life

Katie - frankfort, Kentucky

A Second Chance at Life

Although I wish every woman was healthy and willing to take care of her own child, I know in the world today it doesn’t always work that way, which is why I believe in adoption.

This has shown me that all children need love in their life. When I was three, my parents got divorced. My mother got remarried and then I had another guy in my life. My step dad is like a father to me and does anything I ask for. I feel like I have also been adopted because he has taken me in as one of his own. It means a lot to me to have someone in my life to love me and care for me.

My friend’s family has adopted three little girls. The reason for this is because their mother is a drug addict and didn’t want to take care of her children. This just makes me sick to my stomach knowing that she is choosing drugs over her own children which she choose to have. But the girls are in a better environment now and they have a loving and caring home to live in and people to call their family.

Being there when my best friend’s family adopted these little girls and watching them grow up is just amazing. The girls have been through so much. But you look at them and they are happy. If they were not with my friends family they could possible be starving, ill, or deceased.

People put their kids up for adoption because they don’t want to take the responsibility of taking care of a child. Some people put their kids up for adoption because they can’t support a family. They don’t have time or the money to take care of a baby. I feel as if people shouldn’t become pregnant or think about having a child unless they have a thought out plan at what they are going to do when the baby gets here. And sometimes, adoption is that plan.

Kids are blessed because they have people out here in the world today to come and adopt them and care for them. But I am hoping that some day no one will have to adopt kids and that people will just keep their children and care for them and love them. And not choose drugs, alcohol, sex or even a silly job over them. This is why I believe in adoption.