Reginald - Hopkinsville, Kentucky

I believe that marriage is good. More and more people are just living together. This is a way of having the benefits of marriage without the true commitment. God created the sanctity of marriage. It says in the bible that a man that finds a wife finds a good thing. My wife is my good thing. There have been many times when just having her around has helped keep me grounded. Every day I can see the love that God has for me through her. Just as God loves me in spite of all my faults, my wife gives me this same unconditional love. She has been there through my failures, frustrations, and fears. Whenever I am down, my wife encourages me to keep on trying. I would have given up on so many things if she wasn’t in my life to keep me going. It’s true that marriage can be hard. People have to make sacrifices for one another. Marriage is about give and take, compromise, and trust in the other. When people choose to just live together, they never experience true love. I’m not saying that they don’t love each other, but when the real tests of life come, most just exercise the option to split up. They have nothing binding holding them together. When people marry, they exchange vows. These words carry meaning. Marriage can be frightening but I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. I love knowing that each day I will have my wife beside me to help me with my battles and to comfort me when I am down. God understood that it wasn’t good for man to be alone. That is why he created woman and instituted marriage.