Maranda - Hopkinsville, Kentucky

I believe people want change in this country, but aren’t willing to change themselves for it. We, as Americans, are seeking a better economy, but aren’t willing to trust the government with any solutions. For an example, we elected Barack Obama to make a change, but how are we going to be effected by this. In order for a change to be permanent we much first change ourselves and then the world.

Americans have a tentancy to be greedy, self-centered people who can only see how things effect them. This recent change in the economy has shocked Americans.This shock can’t simple be viewed as negative, it has brought the American people back to the values this nation was established on. The values that we all have a voice and the idea of unity is the only way for our democracy to work. The American people have slowly drifted away from these ides over the years, but this recent shift in the country has brought us back. If we could only continue that change in ideas and allow it to change us as individuals could we be willing to truly make that change.