Scott - cadiz, Kentucky

Growing up with an inquisitive mind, I tend to question everything from “why do humans act so strangely?” to “why do they put brail at drive-up ATMS?” I have found that what we can be certain on is that we all disagree and with everyone’s disagreeance comes differences, thus leading to violence and hatred. It is hard to live in a world where everybody is so different and opinionated; this is the reason we live in tribes, belong to sects, and follow a religion. Belonging to a certain group is all to feel wanted and needed by a people. Sports are so big because they have defined rules they everybody has to abide by and gives people a sense of order regardless whether you are a Red Sox fan or a Cardinals fan.

The underlying tie of all of us is to feel accepted. We, including myself, get caught up in designer styles, the next blockbuster hit, and all these outside influences that we all helped create. We have manufactured a world that is designed around monetary values where we are consumer oriented. Living in such a world has destracted us from simply being aware.

Can we break from this perpetuating cylce of consumerism? Is there an absolute truth out there that will fill our quench? If we all have desire to feel accepted then what can we learn from this? I believe that by listening to the world and all the outside influences we no longer listen to oursleves. If there is more to life such as a higher purpose or intelligent Godlike being then what makes us think we are not good enough to know that? The world’s cornerstone is makeing us think we are not good enough the way that we are; here is a crazy idea, “What if we are good enough good?”

I believe that what we don’t have, we don’t need it now, and what we don’t know, we can feel somehow (Buno). If we could simply break away from what the world feeds us as truth and clear our minds, we would find the answers that we so desperately need. What better time then now to realize who we are, after all, now is the only moment we have.