The Almighty, God

Ilya - Elk Grove, California

I want to start out in stating that I am a devout Baptist. I believe that the whole Bible is the truth and there are no different ways of interpreting it because most of it is written to not confuse people but just state a message. A really controversial topic that has aroused me was with Proposition 8. Proposition 8 was on the 2008 election ballot in California trying to abolish gay marriage. I encountered a lot of “Christians” who believe that gay people should have the right to marry and live a happy life; I put the word Christians in quotation marks because they call themselves Christian but do not abide to the words of God. In the book of Romans, it clearly states that a woman should not find pleasure in another woman and man should not find pleasure in another man. How can a so called Christian say that gay people should have the right to marry when the Bible is against it? I believe that people are not the same as before. I think that people are becoming farther and farther away from the Almighty and just want to do things their way. People change things around so they can work in their lifestyles and satisfy their wants.

If a person wishes to call himself a Christian then he should abide to the words of the Holy Bible. There is no twisting the words to please his needs. The words were written hundreds of years ago and they are unchangeable. No one has the right to come on by and change them or preach with a different interpretation of them because there is only one correct way, which are the words in the Bible that guide us to eternal life.

Every Christian living on this earth believes there is a heaven where they one day will encounter God. Of course there is a hell too, but no one wishes to go there. A Christian should follow the Bible and every aspect of it. There are no different interpretations because it is written, and one cannot change another’s piece of work. Every other religion out there, I believe, is off the correct path into eternal life as well as the “Christians.” To follow the rules of the Bible would be the only way to live a happy life and face the Almighty One some day.