chris - Hopkinsville, Kentucky

I believe many things. The economic problems that we all are going through are not all the current president’s fault. The problems that America is facing are the product of decades of bad decisions and greed. Presidents, Congress, and the American people made the bad decisions. Many people in the United States decided to purchase things from China because they were cheaper than goods produced in the United States. Our government passed trade agreements that favored foreign countries rather than our own. It seems in many ways that we have encouraged our factories to go overseas. One thing that I thought I would never see was our military buying from foreign countries. We now buy our big trucks that the military use from Germany. I understand that Germany is an ally and I am not saying they would turn against us, but one never knows the future. It was my understanding that for national security that we only bought equipment and supplies from our own factories. The only exception to this, that I understood, was if we were in a world war. Our government and media seem to like to play the blame game. At this moment, they are blaming everything on President Bush. Everyone shares in this blame for the current crisis. I do not want anyone to misunderstand me; the current President has made mistakes. Is there a President that has not made a mistake? I would have to say no, there is not. I do not agree with every decision that President George W. Bush has made. However, I do not know the information that was presented at the time he made the decisions. How do we know he did not make the right decision at the time? There is an old saying “hind site is 20/20.” I believe this old saying applies here and to other Presidents as well. It is easy for us to blame someone for the decision he made when we look at the result. If you really look at it, congress has to approve most of the Presidents decisions. Is it fair only blaming the President? I believe blaming just the President is unfair. I do however believe there is a positive aspect to the economic crisis. I believe the Lord will use this economic crisis to bring the country closer to Him. I also believe we will all start making smarter decisions.