Be Yourself…Everyone Else Is Taken

Brittany - Heber City, Utah

Have you ever wanted to hide from the crowds because of your personality, looks or things you have done? Have you ever wanted to be in the popular crowd or noticed more often? Most people have and I have too. I hope that today I can help you realize that being yourself is the greatest gift we can ever have. Not many people understand and recognize the true strength it takes to stand up for being you. I wish people would be happy with the way they are, no matter their body shape, size, color, personality type, or appearance. I believe that being yourself is the greatest thing you can ever do in your life.

I believe that being yourself is a key factor in life. Being yourself will determine who you are, who your friends are, and what people think of you. Most people will often want to change who they are and what they stand for, look like and appreciate just so they can fit into the popular crowd. I think that if we stay the way we are and just have fun with our lives and ourselves, people will find and appreciate us, for who we are. It doesn’t matter about all the fancy clothes, the right hairstyle, or making ourselves look just right to impress a certain boy or girl. Be who you are on the inside.

My friends and family are a great example of how they appreciate who I am. Even if I may be a complete klutz, they laugh with me, not at me. I’m glad that I have people surrounding me who are there to have fun with. I love just expressing my feelings and emotions with my friends, being hyper and crazy around my family, just being free with my self sometimes, and not worrying about what I look like in front of people. Being ourselves is a fun thing we get to do in life, so why are people just trying to get into the popular crowd instead of having fun and enjoying the many fun and exciting moments we get in life?

I just want to say how strongly I believe being yourself will determine your lifestyle. If we choose to act out our lives, our future friends, family, spouses and even children won’t get a glance to see who we really are on the inside. But if we are ourselves, people see the true beauty underneath and we develop lasting friendships and relationships.

This I Believe.