The greater purpose

Latha - Aurora, Colorado

This I believe that all of us were sent to this earth for a purpose. As I woke up everyday after I was married and had kids – I realized that all I did was to cook, eat, take care of the family, go to work and sleep. When my time comes and I walk into the gates of heaven or hell and the creator asks me what I did on earth and what I had to show case for having lived on earth I realized that I would have nothing to say ,for this I believe that we all have a purpose beyond the daily chores and mundane activities of life. So if my time were to come this minute then I had nothing of value to report to the creator.

This sent me on my quest for volunteering. I got hooked up with the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America and became a resource detective for them. This still did not give me the feeling that I was serving my purpose. I then got a call from the Ever care hospice who wanted me to work as a volunteer. I have been doing this for over a month now and I feel partially fulfilled as I now believe that I am partially meeting my purpose on earth. I care for this beautiful lady Daisy who suffers from Dementia and is bed ridden having suffered a stroke. She is always happy to see me though she cannot remember my name or who I am. She does not remember the conversations we have, the bracelet we made together or the occasional gift I take for her – but it gives me great peace to see her smile and see her happiness when I read her her friends. This I believe that the creator sent me to be a friend to Daisy , to help her get through her last days on this earth. I sure hope that Daisy considers me a friend and that I am able to provide her love and affection that has no strings attached.

This I believe that all of us search within ourselves at some point in time for the greater meaning of our life on this planet for that purpose beyond the ordinary. If you are like me I believe that you will achieve inner peace when you do eventually find that purpose. As for me – I still believe that there is more work for me to do before I can face my creator.