Live for yourself

Daniel - Katy, Texas

My Beliefs

I believe that the greatest belief that you can have is belief in yourself, because without yourself you are nothing. If you go throughout your life without doing well to yourself and treating yourself right then you are not living your life right. This is something that needs to be thought about thoroughly, as it is a problem with many people in the world today. Everyone has the potential to be on the top of the food chain. The only thing that stops them from being there is themselves.

If you walk around the streets of any city, you will find many different kinds of people, the workaholics, the homeless, the slackers, the busy-bees, and the average Joe. All of these people have one solid thing that makes them the same, respect. I’m not talking about respect towards other people per say, but more of respect for themselves. Most of the time the average Joe doesn’t like his life, therefore not respecting himself.

Trust and love are two other large factors in believing in yourself. If you don’t trust yourself and love yourself then you can never achieve greatness. When I say love youself, I don’t mean in a conceited way. I mean treating yourself right, much like respect, but with a slight twist. Love goes in more than one way when directed at a person, weather it be you, a friend, or family member. You feel better and the other party will feel better about themselves too, making it a very powerful force. Trust is the second cousin to love. Without trust you can never get to love. You need to trust your actions and emotions. A person can be the person he/she wants to be without doing what makes them happy. Nobody can make your decisions for you, nobody. You have to make them yourself, and you need to make the right ones, the kind that steer you towards the top of the “food chain”.

This is just one of my many beliefs about life. As I stated earlier, everyone has an untapped potential in the world around us. If they just did what they needed to, when it needs to be done then they would become a much better person to themselves and everyone around them.