The Rise of a Phoenix

Casey - Winchester, Kentucky

Love, its a funny thing, plays a game with our hearts, but also bings people together. But for some, it can tear them apart. Because I belive that men take women for granted.

Now, don’t get me wrong here, not all guys are bad. But how would you feel I the man you loved left you with two kids, and never see the light of day again? Then meet Penny.

She isn’t your avarage mom, she has two beautiful kids, both 10 and 5, but Gage, the young one, has a traumtic brain injury.

She works at Canno Fall Elementary School, and she loves it, its where both of her children go, at least she can keep tabs on them! She volunteers at her school, chruches, and at nursing homes. Even Penny’s boys join her. I had the chance to meet her. She is a wonderful, nice, smart, and very talented woman. But a man will never see any of this.

Now, her ex-husband, stays with his mom and brother, no job, sits there and plays videogames all day. Kind of sad for a 36-year-old dont you think? Trust me, I’ve meet him. but dont let his sense of humor fool you. His lazy attitude cost him a beautiful wife and two healthy boys.

One day, while holding is 10-month-old son, Jerry dropped him. When he picked Gage back up, he wasn’t breathing, so he shook his own son. Now, poor Gage has a brain injury. Jerry on the other hand, was making a brain injury or time bomb of his own. His life was going down hill, with a felony charge, and 3 DUI’s. You think that this would change him. No.

Poor Penny was doing everything she could for her boys, and Jerry thought that she wasn’t spending enough time with him. Well, lets think. You’re not responseable, or caring about your son. Can you help, or is it too much to ask from a momma’s boy?

Soon, thier love was lost and they drifted apart. Probably for the best. She is a wonderful, energetic person. doing everything she can for the family. If only Jerry could see something good when he has it.