dianne - hopkinsville, Kentucky
Themes: carpe diem, death

I believe in making everyday of your life worth all it is.I don’t mean this in a hedonistic, pleasure-seeking way. I feel you should express yourself in action and through your words as if it is the only time you may meet that person. I feel that life is short and full of surprises, and you never know when the last time you speak to someone is.

I recently lost a sister that I was very close to. I had not spoke to her for a few days. I received a phone call from my mom telling me to get to her house immediately. When I got there my sister was on the back of an ambulance and the EMT’s were doing CPR on her. She was put on life support at the hospital and that lasted only a few days and my family decided it was best to let her go. I did not get to say good bye to her and tell her that I loved her. I have learned to let my other sisters and my brother know how much I love them, because I never know when the last time will be.

If you live as if today was your last day, you take a new outlook on life. You realize that you can’t stand for things that require a second meeting.Lying is much harder to do, especially when you realize they may never hear the truth. Someone once told me “you never have a second chance to make a first impression,” and I feel you really have to live your life with this in mind. I believe in making everyday count. I feel that if I can truly do this everyday that I will have no regrets and be happier in general. I want to have the security knowing that if I do lose someone special, that there is nothing I forgot to tell them. Making everyday count also has many positive effects: people will recognize you for being genuine and honest, you will feel less burdened and stressed by falsehoods, and you will go to bed everyday knowing you didn’t leave anything out.