How did we get here?

Bobby - Hopkinsville, Kentucky

“I believe;” two words that I feel in today’s society have very little meaning behind them. At one point in time you could believe that you would have your job until the day you retired, but with the high cost of operations in America many jobs are now going over seas. At one point in time you believed that God was the center of the world and that people would have moral restrictions about certain things that go on in society, you can look around and see this is not the case. At one point in time you could believe that your children would receive a proper education, one that would fill their heads with knowledge and truth, instead of allowing them to just get by. You believed that with proper discipline and training that your children would grow up and become respectable young adults in society, and the list goes on. So the question is what do these two words mean to me.? “I believe” means to me, simply that we reap what we sow, that God is working things out for his glory, that if we are steadfast in our moral obligations, the right attitude will prevail, and that a mind is a terrible thing to waste.