Pollution is not the Solution

Kendra - Madison, Wisconsin

I believe that pollution is killing the planet and is causing global warming. I think that humans are the ones that are causing pollution. Global warming is causing animals to die and habitats to disappear. The rainforests and wetlands in the world will be almost gone in a few years if we don’t try to stop pollution. Some species are slowly becoming extinct.

Global warming is causing many of the polar ice caps to melt. That means that polar bears are losing homes and dying. Who knows, in a couple of years polar bears may become extinct. Other animals that also live in the polar ice caps could become extinct as well. Pollution is a major part of global warming. If the ice caps continue to melt, they will be all gone.

When we pollute we are releasing toxic gases and chemicals into the air. By doing this we are making animal habitats extremely grimy. Some of them, like the rainforests, are even starting to disappear. When habitats disappear, the animal population is decreased drastically. We need animals to live in a happy world. If we didn’t have animals, we would all be vegans.

Everyone can make a difference to stop global warming and help clean Earth. To help, you can do the three R’s- reduce, reuse, and recycle. You can also turn off the lights when you are not in the room. Even just by driving less you can help reduce the amount of gas in the air. You can also try to use less electricity. By doing all of this, you are helping to clean up Earth.

“Small changes can make a big difference in our environment.”

-Rachel Mazzara

I think that if everyone stopped polluting, and tried to clean the world, Earth would be much cleaner and healthier. Like Rachel said, just by doing little things, we can make a huge difference in the outcome of our world. So, if you want to save the cute, little polar bears, stop polluting because pollution is not the solution. I hope everyone who reads this will want to help make a difference.