Shane - Cadiz, Kentucky
Themes: work

Work Hard For Your Money and Know the Value of The Dollar

All throughout my life I was raised on the moral values of that being you work hard for your money. I believe our country has lost sight of this great morale value and we are now too dependent on the government to take care of us. We’re like a bunch of babies. When you work, and I mean work, hard for you money, house, food, clothes, etc. It gives you a sense of pride to look back and see all that you have gone through to achieve your goals. The feeling lets you know that you have earned everything you have. Another plus is you won’t take things for granted and you learn the value of the dollar.

Our nation and its people have become too dependent on the government and others to take care of us and fix our problems. Hard work is what makes this country grow and gets us out of recessions and the great depression. Not a bunch of babbling, overpaid politicians arguing in congress. The people of this country need to quit being lazy and start working again. They need to find something to motivate themselves.

Unfortunately, if this keeps up, soon there won’t be anyone working at all. Beat the odds and knock down the barriers that are put in front of you. I have seen and heard stories of how great this country used to be; now we have become so lazy it is embarrassing. Look at how hard everyone worked during and after World War II. We became the greatest and most powerful nation in the world, now we have countries overseas laughing and making jokes about us. It is ridiculous how far this nation has fallen. One of these days the people of America will regret the mistake they have made by forgetting the values of hard work and the value of the dollar.

Speaking of knowing the value of the dollar, that is what got us into this mess. People living beyond their means. Throughout the years people have been at war with trying to keep up with the joneses. It is pretty simple if you work on an assembly line then you can’t afford a 500,000 dollar house or a 60,000 thousand dollar vehicle. You don’t need the newest technology or the latest fashion wear. There is no problem with not being the best in the neighborhood; you need to live within your budget. This is the source of the problem today, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

In order to get out of this crisis people need to start living within their means and get back to work. Don’t be dependent on the government; there are too many corrupt and greedy politicians up on Capitol Hill. We need to stand up and fight for our country even if it going up to the politicians and telling them that they are wrong. They are not serving our best interest but theirs. The government was made for the people by the people.