Paul Albani-Burgio - Centennial, Colorado

What do I believe? To be honest, I am not really sure. My beliefs often change on a whim as I experience new things and gather new knowledge and understanding. At times I am not sure it is even a good idea to even have “beliefs” because they are pointless and lead to nothing. Other times, I feel like a person is nothing if he does not have anything to believe in. This is one of the many great calamities and paradoxes of human existence. In fact, I often go through life confused and worried about my beliefs or lack their of…

Ultimately, I don’t think there is really any reason to do this. If I do have one true core belief it is this: most people take life way too seriously and are too worried about and preoccupied with all the wrong things. Most people are at least somewhat unhappy with their lives and this is because they spend way too much time worrying about trivialities. In the end, nothing really matters in this life. Now this may sound really terrible and grim, but I don’t really think it is. In fact, I think this is one of the great things about life. Everybody in this life is in a hurry to prove something, contribute and accomplish. They feel like this will bring them fulfillment and make their life worthwhile. My question is where are you trying to go anyway? What exactly are you trying to do and what will it ultimately leave you with? You can spend your life worrying about your future and importance. You can constantly try to figure out ways to leave your mark on the world and create a legacy. Or you can go through life enjoying every day eating big bowls of ice cream, watching lame television

shows and spending your time seeking out and appreciating life’s joys. But, in the end, what will make you more happy and pleased with your life?

The fact that you spent your life trying to be successful and do something important or the fact that you sought and experienced joy, happiness and pleasure? What good is a legacy and a bunch of knowledge or money if you don’t find any joy in your life? I think you will accomplish much more if you seek out pleasure and joy. We should enjoy each and every day and make it one of chief goals. Everybody experiences joy and pleasure in their own unique way and everyone should do what makes them feel happy and good because this is all that matters. So eat that Triple Decker Chocolate Cake and go take that safari trip to Africa. After all you are only alive for a moment and you never really know what happens after this so you might as well make the most of it and enjoy your life.