This i Believe About Hunting

Sean - USA

As one of my core beliefs, I think that hunting is a wonderful thing and should be given the respect it deserves; not the criticism. All my life, I have been around hunting. I have seen many dead deer and other animals; not in a negative way, but in a way that gives respect to the animal. I believe hunting is not the senseless slaughter of animals, but the death of a great creature to control the population and get some good meat. When I kill an animal, I don’t throw it into the woods and leave it for the buzzards. I clean the animal, and take it to be processed into eatable meat. Then I enjoy the delicious venison that once was that animal. Just because I hunt doesn’t mean I don’t have any respect for animals. I believe that most animals are majestic creatures, but need to have population control in today’s society. One big example these days is the rising population of deer. They are coming into our suburban areas and people are hitting them with their cars often. This needs to be minimal, as people waste valuable time and money, while the deer must go through severe pain. I treat the animals with respect, and try hard to shoot them where their death will be near instant. I never make a stupid or careless shot, and always double check before shooting.

Even though most hunters may do what I do, some do not. I believe that a person who senselessly kill animals and leave their corpses behind is not right, and the punishment for this should be severe. I’m not saying that they should get the death penalty or anything like that, but I think it is just wrong to kill them with no beneficial gain for themselves. I agree that the rush of hunting is a cool thing, and there is no other feeling that you get when you a see a buck waltz right into shooting range, but not giving any respect to the animal is a cruel thing. People will shoot animals four or five times to kill them, when it should only take one. This is a horrible thing to do, because it causes severe pain to a beautiful creature, when that can be prevented. All in all, people need to treat animals with respect, even when they are hunting them.