The Power of Music

Brady - USA

The Power of Music

I believe in the power of music. Music has the ability to bring people together. Even if countries are enemies, music has the power to bring the people of those countries closer. Music has this power because music can express all of the feelings of the world. Feelings such as sadness, anger, happiness, depression, and every other feeling that has ever been felt can be and are expressed through music.

Not only is music a peacemaker but it is the best psychiatrist in the world. Music has every feeling webbed into its core. Music can console, relax, give self esteem, and help people through the toughest times in their lives. Music is that person you need to talk to, the friend that is there when you desperately need them, and a friend you will never lose.

Music keeps people from going insane. Music is in everything; it is in TV shows, movies, elevators, even in shows that are explaining history. The point is the world could not function without music. It is everywhere and without it millions of people would be without jobs, economies would have none of the money from the music industry, and the world would be devoid of creativity. I know I could not live if music did not exist.

Music has done so much for my life and I am sure millions of other lives. Music makes me think not just about lyrics, guitar and bass riffs, and drums but of life and what is happening in the world. Listening to music has helped me through stressful and rough times and I greatly appreciate music’s help. I am also a musician myself and there is nothing more pleasing and relaxing than whipping out my guitar and playing it for hours.

There is not a person in the world that I have heard of who does not enjoy listening to some type of music. Whether it is rap, metal, rock, country, jazz, classical, or the many other types of music a person will always like at least one genre. That is why music has the immense power that it contains. Music has the power to keep the world at peace, be a renowned psychiatrist, and keep the world from going insane. This I believe.