judith - Oak Grove, Kentucky
Themes: afterlife, family

I believe that I have someone watching over me making sure that I will be okay no matter what situation comes my way. In my heart I like to think it is my father who although he has been gone for many years I still feel a great connection too. There have been many times in my life, especially as a single parent, where I have been uncertain as to how a bill would get paid or even if there would be money left over to buy food.

Yet somehow despite all the nights I spent worrying or playing different scenarios over in my mind when it came crunch time the money would appear. It might be that I received a check I wasn’t expecting or the bill to repair my old not very reliable car wouldn’t be as expensive as I thought

I like to think that even though he is gone, he wants to let me know that no matter how scary a situation might be he will not let anything bad ever happen to me. This may seem fanciful to some people but there has to be something behind this because it has happen to many times to discount.

Many times at night when the sky is clear and the stars are first starting to appear, I go outside and look upwards to find the brightest one. That star represents my dad to me and I have to say thank you for never letting me down and always making everything work out. Maybe it is crazy but I don’t care I truly believe that he is up there somewhere in the universe looking down on me and smiling because no matter how old I live to be I will always be his little girl.

His job when he was here on earth was to protect me and take care of me and so why should it be any different now. It gives me great comfort to know this. It might be all in my mind but I believe.